Dark eb/tan white

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoof

Kung Fu Chinny!
Some cute babies my chocolate had. The white is really puffy for a baby.

Attachments

• tanwh.jpg
    tanwh.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 261
  • Tanwh2.jpg
    Tanwh2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 287
Cute babies! If mom is a true chocolate I'd like to see pics of her as well! It may be able to help some people who think they have "chocolates" but actually just have dark tans...

Look up chocolaty fungus, she's had some publicity - and some great discussion on chocolate and the genetics of it, fur samples I've pulled out of not so lucky victims and so on... :))

I noticed this guy is getting markings, I've rarely seen non-Tov chins get darker with age, certainly not after only 15 days. Then again, based on the tan I'm using... hmm... I've had those born looking white and turn chocolate so you never know. Intriguing! :D

Yes, I was mean and woke the poor little guy up for these photos.

Attachments

• TanWh1.jpg
    TanWh1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 149
  • TanWh2.jpg
    TanWh2.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 146
At three months old he's the first non-Tov tan white I've had that has gotten this much darker with age.

The only real white left on him now is is tail. I can't wait to see how dark he gets. :))

Attachments

• TanWhite7_14_2010.jpg
    TanWhite7_14_2010.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 121
  • TanWhite7_14_2010b.jpg
    TanWhite7_14_2010b.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 125
He is really, really beautiful. I love seeing how his markings have grown in! Do you still think he's a tan white?

Do you still think he's a tan white?
I know he is based on his hue, the texture of his spots and how the white is reacting. I'm heading to a nationals this year, if you catch me and I have a beige/pinkwhite and tan white out of that line with me I'll show you the difference. :))

Oh, he is looking gorgeous, his markings in his face makes him look even nicer, I have an ebony white male that has that kind of dark markings on his face, so maybe tan or ebony whites tend to turn like that as they get older.

At 7 months this guy was so active he was getting hair rings with his buddies so I gave him a couple of standard ladies. Judging by the amount of missing fur they've been teaching him to be polite about his manly activities. :p His color has turned out very nice.

Attachments

• 2010_22_12Z11TanWhite.jpg
    2010_22_12Z11TanWhite.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 2010_22_12Z11TanWhite_2.jpg
    2010_22_12Z11TanWhite_2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 101
Back