Cute little story

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zie

Yesterday, I was pretty upset over a few things, and went upstairs to hang with Mozzy for awhile and try to feel better.

I opened his cage and tried to coax him out onto my hands, though he just kinda...sat there looking at me. I took his two little front paws off the cage and had them on the tips of my fingers, and instead of bouncing away like he normally does, he actually allowed me to sit there and hold his little hands.

Mozzy doesn't like scritches, but I tried anyway, and rubbed his belly. And...he allowed me too. And then I just sat there for a good few minutes just giving him scritches all over! The look on his face made me smile and laugh, and ooooh, I wish I had had my camera on me. Of a few minutes though, he hopped away and wouldn't let me give him scritches anymore. :( Oh well. He certainly made my day better. I just hope this means he's finally warming up to me.

Aren't animals amazing?? I think they can tell when we are upset - I know my Frannie lets me pet her more than usual when I'm upset. :hug2:

Sounds to me like he's warming up to you...that's a great feeling! I can have the most horrible day and come home to these guys and they lighten my worries, make me smile and keep the simple things up front for me!

Latest posts

Back