Cue evil chin-mommy laugh

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lydz

So Fatso loves to escape from the dining room during play time. He has learned that the cardboard used to block the door can be pushed and scratched enough for him to slip through. Well NOT tonight. I put a chair and my vacuum on either side holding the folded edges of the cardboard against the wall. I can hear him scratching at the cardboard but.............he's not going anywhere. HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE:neener::rofl: I'm so mean.

Well the joke was on me. :hilarious: I have no idea HOW he got out since nothing was moved so unless he squeezed himself through the hole that he was working on making bigger.
Time to find another idea.

Let me tell you, Chins are little houdinis. Bella kept getting out of her cage and we couldn't figure out how. Well, apparently she was slamming herself in to the cage door and popping it open, besides the fact that my 18-month old would go in and open the door, then come out clapping his hands, saying "Bella, Bella, Bella."
So, anyway, we got a lock for the door, and somehow between Bella and my son, she still escapes every couple of days. I think my son pulls the door, just as much as the lock will allow(maybe an inch and a half) and she squeezes out. Ridiculous.
Best of luck figuring out how to keep your chin in.

Never underestimate the determination of a chinchilla. ;)
He will hatch and cunning plan against his evil human captor and then he'll be off like a rocket. :hilarious:

I hear you!
They are like flash Gordon when I open the cage to give them hay or food. Don't get me started on the squeezing through gaps...
My fave was Baby George jumping over a cardboard block that was as high as the kitchen counter...she cleared it from a dead jump. Amazing.

He probably jumped up on the chair and then right over the top of the cardboard. I've had the same thing happen to me about a zillion times!

Back