Cuddle buddies?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimmyDarling

I've heard people refer to something called a cuddle buddy. What I've gathered is that it must be a fleece sort of pillow. Is this a good item to keep in a chin cage? How can I make one or where can I get one?

A cuddle buddy is a pillow. I know I'll get in trouble because my chin's favorite is from the pet store. It's a fabric ball made to look like a pumpkin and I'm pretty sure it's stuffed with fiberfil. If you make your own, don't use fiberfil. It can cause an impaction if your chin destroys the pillow and eats it. So far my chin is just dominating his cuddle buddy and not chewing and picking at it. I have a plan to replace it with a properly made fleece one as soon as I can get a moment to make a pattern from it. But I did make a smaller second and third one. One's a fleece cube stuffed with fleece as recommended by this forum. The other looks like a kidney pillow. All the stitching is done so that it's turned to the inside and they're finished with the invisible stitch also recommended (and referenced somewhere) by this forum.

Others have made various pillows for their chins and have done threads showing them off in Chin Chat. AnnieO did one for Handbag the Chinchilla for St. Patrick's day and posted a pic of him with it in The Handbag Thread on that day. Making them yourself gives you control of how they're made and allows you to add your own creativity to your chin's home. If you like to do the occasional sewing project, it can be fun. I enjoyed making mine. Give it a try! Good luck. :thumbsup:

I got one that looks like a chinchilla but I'm pretty sure where I got it from doesn't make them anymore. I read females do better with cuddle buddies because the males usually have a one track mind, you know what I mean?

My boy loves his though. He sleeps with it, tries to bring it on his wheel, and brings it toys and pellets and it's so adorable.

Back