Cuda got me good!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Courtney

... and the Dynamic Duo!
For the sake of my own sanity and their patience, I spread nail trimming adventures over a couple days. Cuda despises this "special time with mama" and flails through the whole thing. Last night, he tricked me. I got all 4 feet done without too much trouble, which was a shock. I had to catch his feet, but once I did, he was a good little man.

Until it was time to go back into his cage.

Just as I was about to set him back in his cage, he latched onto my finger. It was a big shock, since the little monkey hasn't bitten in a very long while. I know it's bad, but I yanked my finger back and the little guy came with it! I quickly set him back in the palm of my hand while he crunched down harder, looking quite perplexed. About 5 seconds after his unexpected ride, he closed his eyes and let go quickly. He looked up at me like, "uh oh... "

He looked about as apologetic as a hedgehog could. Since then, he's been as cuddly as ever, nuzzling my chin and trying to be as close as possible. He's no worse for the wear, but I have two perfect little toofer marks in my finger that actually blistered and bruised. He got me pretty good, that little devil.

It's a good thing he's so cute.

Oh gosh! Snowball once actually took a chunk out of my finger. She was falling off my lap and grabbed on for dear life...so I can't hold it against her!

Thats what you get for making him sit through all 4 paws at once! Shame Shame!

Cuda: Wait!!! Are you setting me back in my cage?! Just when we were bonding over nail clipping time?!! Nononono... must find a way to stop this... must hold on tight...

Back