Counterfeit Blue Cloud?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZChins

Pro Cage Cleaner Champion
Sahuarita, Arizona (a half hour south of Tucson)
I got the strangest phone call today. A man wanted to know what the shipping of a bag of Blue Cloud would be to Michigan. The person on the phone said that he was wanting a full bag of Blue Cloud so that he could confirm that it was actually Blue Cloud. What else would it be? Is there some form of black market for Blue Cloud knockoff dust? (I'm kidding...why would someone go to the trouble of coming up with a knockoff?)

(I'm sorry if the person who called me reads this...but you left me quite puzzled.)

I've heard of people packing up smaller quantities of dust to send to people for years and never have I heard anyone say that they thought they didn't get the right dust. Every few years I buy a new shipment of dust and have it shipped in...directly from the Blue Cloud people. I use so much of it for the chinnies here!

Anyway...how's everyone else's Friday going?

Strange! I can't remember the last time I had to buy dust. The fatties have a 50lb bag that I bought. It's so much more than the girls will ever need.

It is a full moon. The crazies are out in full force.

People sometimes cut it with play sand so when they resell it they make more money. Whenever someone can "water" something down to make a buck, they will.

Maybe its just that someone has sent him sparkle or something else he thought was not Blue Cloud when he ordered Blue Cloud. May not be so crazy to order a full bag to see it in its original packaging to know he is getting what he is paying for. Now as far as shipping a 50 lb bag that far he will pay way more for shipping than the cost of the dust that he could buy much closer by.

LOL...Seriously, they cut it with play sand? That is insane...it's not like the Blue Cloud is THAT expensive.

If I ship with a flat rate box, the shipping is actually fairly reasonable, jags. I don't have much Blue Sparkle left at this point...so it would be better for me to send out the Blue Cloud. The 50 lb bag was something like $49 to ship! It was crazy expensive for that for sure, a lot more than the dust itself for sure.

Perhaps I should make sure to clarify that any dust that I use or sell is 100%, undiluted Blue Cloud.

Yes, today was a very strange day.

I didn't know that people cut it with play sand. I guess anything to make a buck.

Shipping is costly

Susan - you can get 24 lbs into a large priority box. I have to use a lot of tape when I ship.

LOL...Seriously, they cut it with play sand? That is insane...it's not like the Blue Cloud is THAT expensive.

Shoot, the play sand is more expensive than the blue cloud. :/

Not heard of that one either, and what a mess to try and mix it.

You can get play sand around here for free, not that I would recommend using it.

Back