Could use some prayers for Sodalite

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godins Chinchillas

Godin's Chinchillas
Tomorrow Sodalite will be undergoing surgery for a fractured femur. Today he was injured while coming out of his run. Unforunetly I made his injuries worse. Both his front leg and back leg on his right side were fractured. I am completely beside myself, worried about his outcome and his future. This will be Steve's first chinchilla fracture and I know he will give it his best shot. Right now he is on high doses of pain meds. I'm hoping his femur will heal. In about 6 weeks we will reassess the front leg and will probably amputate. We are hoping it will heal to some degree but if it doesn't it will be amputed. Steve doesn't want to do it now because of blood loss and the anesthesia risk. He will probably be under anesthesia for 1.5 hrs tomorrow morning for his femur.

Really sorry to hear you sad news I will be thinking about you and sending positive thoughts hope it all works out and sodalite pulls through x

Latest posts

Back