Cosmo wont eat his new food

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catem777

i bought cosmo mazuri pellets this morning and he hasnt touched them he just keeps eating his hideaway homes(i checked and they are safe) is this ok ?do you think he will eat it ebentually? The food he was previously being fed had fruit and nuts:(

A chin on a diet that previously had seeds, fruit and nuts many times will not transfer as willingly to an all pellet diet. It's like giving a child a choice between cupcakes and broccoli.

With time he should eventually start eating the pellets. During this time make sure he has plenty of good hay to eat so that he still has something moving through his gut.

I figured as much he has plenty of hay and he is chewing large holes intohis hide outs so i think he will be ok thanks

I congratulate you on switching your Chin's food. A guy at a petco told me he had a chinchilla that lived for two years then died randomly. Had AC and everything.. when I asked what food he ate.. he said he gave him the one with all the seeds and fruit too. He seemed to get upset when I mentioned that might have been the problem. So, again congrats!

Thanks I went back to petsmart the otherday to pick up some carpet cleaner(got a bad kitty lol) and I saw the guy who sold me Cosmo,he asked me how he was and I told him he is great but that I am bringing back everything I bought there. He asked me why and I told him it was all unsafe. He was baffled he said that so many people have bought it and never complained. I told him about the deathball too. I'm not sure if it sank it with him(i could have pissed him off educating him about chinchillas lol) but he did seem curious about his well being.

Back