Confession

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelleideeaz1

Ok...I have a confession. I gave my lil guy some rosehips and probiotic cookies (not on the same day) Since I've had him and he's almost 3 months old. I know I'm not supposed to, but it's helping tremendously with training. Let the bashing begin :(

Ok...I feel better now.:wacko:

One more confession...I'm addicted to CnH and buying stuff for my furbaby. I'm sorry that I'm not sorry about that one....:neener:

Last edited:
It's alright. The rosehips don't cause too much of a boost in blood sugar, they're pretty bland. I don't know what is in the probiotic cookies. You really just want to keep it to a minimum. The only time that the babies get treats here is when I am trying to get them to hold still for pictures. :)

You really do need to dial it back with the addiction to buying stuff, or you will end up with a giant hoard of chinnie junk that will fill up your entire living space. :p

I got the cookies from Whimsy's Menagerie... "Probios® Probiotic Treats

Excellent offered as both a treat AND digestion support. These healthy snacks encourage the maintenance of healthy gut bacteria for chins who are under stress from a move, vet visit, surgery, fur chewing, or any digestive imbalance.

5 million colony forming units per cookie. Large enough to break in half, we usually give 1/2 to 1 cookie per day" I figured both those "treats" weren't horribly bad. I don't give both on the same day and always monitor his poos for any change :)

Oh...and this thing -------->"Chinchilada "

~*~Now with Bluegrass!~*~

A tasty loofah sachet stuffed with edible potpourri; chamomile, marigold, raspberry leaf, rosebuds, hibiscus flowers, and bluegrass. Bound with sea grass, this parcel adds flavorful variety to your chinnie's diet. And they smell amazing! ;) For only $5.00 each, they are huge...and Jasper loved it!!!!!! http://www.whimsys-menagerie.com/DSC03066.JPG

As far as spending money, Uh...yeah. I already need a storage unit but I'm gonna go big or go home. I figure if I get a small-ish one, and then acquire another chin (which I can see already is going to happen) I'm gonna need the extra space so may as well get as big as I can :)

Last edited:
Oh well, you're one of us now. (I have a large shed, a trailer for the storage of hay, the chin part of the house is enormous, the back porch is a cage boneyard, and the front porch is usually hosting carriers and cages that will be used soon.)

I'm sure that your little guy will be fine! You didn't feed him something crazy like M&Ms or Pringles. (You would be amazed at what people out there do give chins for treats...)

:tease:Lol..yes, that's true. I'm officially a gang member I think.

I was reading on here that one girl gives her Chin chocolate chip cookies, Doritos, cupcakes, etc.....Yikes!

I figured that with the probiotics which improve gut flora can't be bad ;)

I felt bad for giving my girl raisins every day, I came on here and found out sugar was no good so out they went. Its getting worse and worse with me about the shopping too. I just got their Easter basket in the mail today from Chinchic and I was so excited you would have thought it was something for me. haha.

My cousin was feeding my boy a sugary variety of cheerios and salted sunflower seeds in the shells before I got him... >_________> My cousin meant really well and I know he took on the chin fairly quick but there was a LOT of stuff I had to get rid of when I got my boy. His old cage did not even enter the house (although my cousin drove him over in a PLASTIC EXERCISE BALL which man, like.... poor guy....) and all of the plastic steps and the plastic ball and plastic coop cup got chucked, as did most of the other toys and cage accessories and treats because most of them were awful. We got him weaned off his crappy dusty cheap rabbit pellets onto oxbow and put him on better hay. He's been so good since.... but yeah, he's been given so much crap in the past its a miracle he's never had digestive trouble, at least not as far as I know...

Latest posts

Back