Condensation

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Show-MeChins

I have my chins out in the garage- it is a steel building, insulated VERY well, and it has a concrete floor.
HOW do I keep the condensation down??

What is the humidity? You may need to get a dehumidifier (or you may have that option on your A/C).

I also have my chins a room in my modified garage. Humidity is generally around 20-30% in the summer and can get up to 50-70% in the winter due to all the fog and rain we get around here in CA. I sometimes use the humidifier option on my A/C when the humidity rises a bit too high. I have never had any problem with condensation... my building is not made of steel though and there is quite a bit of space between the drywall, blow-in insulation and the outside wall so there wouldn't be such an extreme temperature difference causing water in the air to turn to condensation.

Last edited:
I would think some sort of dehumidifier or increased air circulation would probably be your best bet.

I'm currently in a house with a seeping basement - a dehimidifier makes short work of it, year round!

Back