Coloration Question?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yuudoku.Niji

So my mom went to this pet store and she saw a chinchilla, she said it looked like a blue/purple-ish color. I showed her pictures of colorations of chinchillas and she said it looked a little darker than a sapphire but a little more purple-toned as well. Anybody have an idea or pictures they could share to help us find out what kind of coloration this could be?

Violets can be very light or very dark or somewhere in between in color. It isn't as common to have a sapphire end up in a petstore and from what you described it is probably a violet.

Alright, thank you for letting me know, and I'll tell her that.

Its probably still a standard just because it is the most likely for a pet store., I remember the first time I saw a standard that was a quality color (vs a scruffy yellowish grey) and I though it was very blue. But without a pic it would be hard to tell, if it wasnt standard, I'd agree that it was likely violet. =P

I've seen violets at pet stores before, several different instances in fact, so it's definitely possible that that's what it was. That would be my guess. Violets are like standards -- they can very from being very light to very dark, so it might not match the pictures you saw, but could still be a violet.

Back