Color?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toxxxic.kitten

I just had a litter of triplets born. I was curious as to what these babies colors could possibly be? I'm thinking either Tan or Beige or some sort? They were just born today, so I know they have some coloring up to do to fully tell. I was just curious.

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

Can you take pictures of them in natural lighting? The darkness of the photos plays tricks on the eyes. What are the parents? The second photo is definitely a beige. If the bellies are the same color as the rest of the fur it would be a light tan.

I can't really tell but I think the first kit is a standard and the second is a beige? The photo is coming up dark on my monitor.

ETA: I see you have a pic of them as your avatar...I see two beiges and then one kit that looks like a standard or possibly mosaic as I think I see some white? What color are the parents?

I see a beige/tan and a standard. I, too, would like to know the colors of the parents. Also, I would like to see pictures of their bellies.

I'll get pictures of their bellies. The mother is a Pink White, I believe? Her ears are pink and she's white, except for a little bit of grey by the base of her tail. I think her eyes are a dark ruby color. The father is a dark standard.

Mother.
DSC_0006+_2_.JPG

This is an older picture from when I first got her. I don't have any recent ones of her, unfortunately. And she's mighty filthy right now from giving birth.

Father.
DSC_0019.JPG

EDIT: I will go get some belly pictures and natural lighting pictures. I will post them momentarily!

I think the bigger question is, why did you get the male off of Craigslist and separate him from the female he came with who were breeding back to back....and put him with another female of unknown background to create MORE? The female looks entirely too small to breed at that.
http://chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20118

Sorry, but this irks me to no end. To take unwanted chins off of craigslist and throw them together to create more. Not very cool.

You aren't sure what color the mother is and yet you are breeding??? I have to go with Stackie on this one!

I was asking a simple question. The male has been separated from that female for a while now. I gave him plenty of time to rest from being bred back to back to back with his previous owners. I'm keeping all the babies for myself.

The mother I've been unsure of her coloring. Her coloring is like a Pink White except for the few darker hairs at the base of her tail. They look grey to me and not beige. The picture I posted of her is old and not current. I stated that. She is much bigger now.

The male has nothing to do with being bred back. Do you think it's stressful for him to jump on the back end of a female and hump himself silly? It shows a huge lack of knowledge on your part to even comment on that. The breedback issue is the FEMALE, not the male.

And you are missing the point completely, or you are choosing to ignore it. Try re-reading Stackie's post.

Wait did one die? I thought they were triplets? The two you posted are beige. I won't say anything about your breeding practices because what's done is done. Are you planning to keep the kits?

Both babies are beige. Even as an old picture of the mother, she does not look like breeding quality to me. If the sire came off of CL with no pedigree or background information, he isn't breeding quality either.

Making babies because you're going to keep them all is not a good enough reason to throw two chins together.

The mom is a pink white. Some will have beige markings or patterns and it varies just like a regular white. Here is an example of one of my pink whites with markings. The markings are beige, not gray:
100_4772.jpg

The kits are beige.

Just because you are keeping the babies for yourself gives NO justification of taking two chins with unknown background and throwing them together to get cute furry babies. You will get no respect here for that, especially when there are plenty of people here that strive to create top quality chins and plenty of people that take in hundreds of homeless and needly chins every year because of people who want "cute furry babies." I hope they haven't inherited some genetic diseases due to lack of responsibility on your part.

If you're looking for cheap pets in the future please consider ones that are already here and sitting in rescues waiting for homes. Many rescues have reasonable adoption fees. Don't contribute to the problem.

Wait did one die? I thought they were triplets? The two you posted are beige. I won't say anything about your breeding practices because what's done is done. Are you planning to keep the kits?

No, they are all fine. I knew what the mosaic's color was. I just was unsure of these ones. Yes, I'm keeping all the kits.

Both babies are beige. Even as an old picture of the mother, she does not look like breeding quality to me. If the sire came off of CL with no pedigree or background information, he isn't breeding quality either.

Making babies because you're going to keep them all is not a good enough reason to throw two chins together.

They may not look like breeding quality for showing, but I'm not breeding to show. They are my pets. My breeding practices may not conform to what everyone here does, but I'm not breeding to make any sort of profit from this. If these babies develop some horrific diseases (which I think is slim) then I will take responsibility for them and I will not breed the pair again.

You're breeding practices do not conform to what reputable breeders do. I notice that anytime someone wants to breed for cute babies, we always hear how they have better ideals for breeding because they aren't just "breeding for show". This shows your complete lack of knowledge. Those of us that breed responsibly also don't breed for "profit", so I don't know what you're getting at with that.

Didn't you just post a few months ago that you need to rehome some chins because you didn't have enough time for them? Why would you not have time for adults, but time for babies? You do know that babies turn into adults?

So you are breeding mutts then, kinda like labradoodles, cockaperds, and greatuahas? And you justify that by saying it's okay, because they are just pets?

Yippee.

Back