Color/type

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Llittlebllonde

My new chin was given to me by her 2nd owner. I have no info on her background. I am trying to identify her color etc. I can't tell just from reading if she is just a light grey standard or something else.

Any help appriciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 91
Clearly I don't know how to upload images as the one above can't be opened. Going to try again

the forum's been having some issues with pics recently, try uploading on imgur or some other pic hosting site and posting the link here.

Hoping the above pics will better show Sprockets coloring. She has freckles on her ears and dark red eyes. Are these beige only traits? She is difficult to get a good picture of. Every time I open the cage she stops what she is doing and tries to get out. Even if she has just had playa time and is tired and warm.

She looks beige to me. Also, I believe the ear freckles and red eyes are a beige thing, but mutations like TOV beige could also have them, as long as the beige gene is there.

Touch of velvet. It refers to the veiling coloration. For example a brown velvet is a beige with the TOV gene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is beige something you would find in a pet store or was she more likely purchased from a breeder?

I have also seen beiges in pet stores, but not too often (maybe once or twice, and I always have a habit of looking at the chins whenever I go...). Mostly I see standards. But either a pet store or breeder could be possible.

Also, to the TOV question, my avatar pic is of a brown velvet (beige TOV) :)

Latest posts

Back