Color Question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ItsyBitsy

After attemping to obtain a really neglected PW girl I gave up on looking for a one and just picked up my newly adopted boys. :dance3: I seriously adore them already!
One is a Violet and the other well.. here is my question! They look like babies not fully 1 year yet and same age size etc. The "Mosaic" doesn't look like your typical mosaic, he has a triangle on the back of his neck and its not gray its violet coloring. Is there such a thing as a violet Mosaic or is this what a white violet is? Talk about surprised! They were even more gorgeous in person after their rescuer took such good care of them to get them back to almost 100%

I'm so glad you're in love with them. I can't wait to hear what you name them. You're right the mosaic seems more violet than standerd or dark. When I first got them there was no telling what he was going to look like as he was a grease ball and matted. I was really pleaseed with how well they both "cleaned Up".

Given that the other is clearly a violet, I'm guessing they're brothers. also their size is so similar. They are pre-pubecent for sure (not 2 like I was told). If I recall but others may know better - puberty should hit around 10 months - once that happens you'll have a better idea of thier age.

BTW- I was telling Mellisa, the Mosaic is one of the sweetest most snuggly chins I've meet. Keep handeling him and **** be a snuggle bun. Even my husband was impressed with the looks of the violet. Hopefully he'll warm up too with some stability now that he's home with you.

Back