CnH forum in NY Daily News article...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, for as much as she drilled people with questions, and caused headaches with some...that article was tiny, and didn't include anything she asked.

Yeah that was mentioned Rob, and Stacie was misquoted about the temp issue.

Last edited:
I love how the article notes that they cost whatever from the pet store, and more from breeders. I mean, they can cost more from breeders, but they can also cost considerably less than what the pet store charges..... like they're trying to make the pet store seem the cheaper option.

I specifically told this woman that they do NOT always cost more from a breeder, and that in fact, you could get chins as inexpensively as $50.00.

She was not really looking for the facts. I sent her email after email answering her questions about food, treats, temperature, death balls, showing, pelting, you name it. Not a single bit of it made it into the article, so I really wish she hadn't wasted my time.

Yay for press, but super mega boo for wrong information. It irks me that they made it sound like you need to get yours from the pet store for them to be a decent price, it's simply not true.

Whoa, that comment. Talk about caps locks! Baha, I guess everyone's chinchillas die after 2 years...shoot..

I'm really sorry that the article is so disappointing. I know that no one on the board would give misinformation and I really do think they should not misquote someone like that.

ETA Goodness, if my chins are going to die in two years Oscar is on death's door and my two other boys should dread their up coming birthdays :crazy:

Apparently Crash and Nova are ghosts...

I've had a crap day at work and do NOT care to go through the rigmarole of signing up to correct all those errors publicly, but if any of you still have the emails etc. you sent the reporter, contacting her editors about it is the first step. We don't know how viciously they edited her, but clearly a LOT of important info got skipped entirely. The editors' desk is where to get a retraction.

Glad CnH made it into the article, but wow.....

LOL @ the comment. People are ignorant.

Back