Clumsy Baby

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniAmazon

Whenever we take Sprocket out for playtime, she always seems so clumsy. She'll run into side of some small cardboard boxes, miss jumps(about 6" high), and is just downright clumsy. On the other hand, she loves to use the doors in the hallway as vertical spring boards. Is this normal for an 11 week old?

Both, but I guess it's more noticeable when she's out since she has more room to move, and because my boyfriend and I are watching her the entire time she's out.

oh wow! I didn't know about that rule. I thought it was just no wheels until six months of age. All my chins are over six months. Oops.

I have two pretty young kits here as well--4 and 5 months, and they seem to be fine in their cages for now. I think your lil one will be ok missing playtime for the next few months, :D

Think of a toddler. They're still pretty clumsy. A young chin is the equivalent, so it's normal for them to be clumsy. They're still learning their constantly changing bodies, and have to constantly re-learn as their bodies grow.

Yes, kits can be clumsy...fatally so.

We had someone surrender a 10 week old kit they had purchased from someone on craigslist at barely 8 weeks old. Poor little thing was out of cage for playtime and rammed her face into the owners knee. They brough her to us seizing...

Latest posts

Back