Cleaning pumice?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamiJami

I was searching for pumice online and came upon this. It looks pretty much like the pumice that I buy for my guys, only dirty. So is it that? If so, how do you clean pumice??

Thanks

Oh also! I was wondering if there was any difference from the pumice that is normally seen and the picture that I have attached?

Attachments

• pumice.jpg
    pumice.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 22
the link goes to an alibaba.com listing for some really black looking pumice and it's from China. that isn't the correct link, is it?

I've no intentions of buying from there. But it's the only thing that showed what I thought would be dirty pumice that I could find.

Check ebay, there is a gal on there that used to sell pumice stones in bulk, type in pumice chinchilla and I bet you'll find a bunch. As for being "dirty" pumice is a rock, I doubt it's naturally really white, probably bleached. I've used pumice that is about that color. I guess I'd almost worry more about the bleaching process now that I think about it...

I didn't ask about buying.

I'm simply curious about its original form and then how it's cleaned. I also asked if there was a difference from the white pumice and the attached pic.

I would scrub with a tooth brush or the such with hot water until the loose debris in the pores are dislodged then boil.

Back