Cleaning off Kitty?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ash

Trouble....
Ok, Spirit went in today to get spayed, however while she was in the vet's office, coming out of surgery, she urinated on herself. I can't get her incision wet, so is there anything I can use to clean up the area (she laid in it so her one side is all sticky and smelly), or will she clean it up herself?

You can use a damp wash cloth or even baby wipes to clean her. Some pet stores sell clothes that are made for quick cleaning pets. You just don't want water soaking the incision.

When I got my dog spayed, she wasn't potty trained yet, so I asked the vet what to do if she peed/pood in her crate and then layed in it (getting the stitches and area wet). The vet said to use lysol wipes to disinfect the area and then wipe down with regular baby wipes. Right or wrong, that's what I did, and she turned out fine...

I use baby wipes (and sometimes Nature's Miracle pet wipes) on my cat who has let his hygiene lapse a bit in his old age.

Ok thanks guys! She's doing better today, up and about more and has started cleaning herself. I feel so bad for her! She looks so pathetic.

some cats will be loopy for a while. but don't worry she'll be fine. i'm glad she's cleaning herself. just watch the sutures and make sure she doesn't bother them too much

Yeah, she's a very small cat (only 5lbs at full adult-size). We've been keeping an eye on her, and she's been cleaned off. And we're definitely watching the sutures as she likes to get up on the top bunk and we're watching to make sure she doesn't pull them stretching for jumps.

I would say baby wipes a well. hope your kitty has a quick easy recovery.

damp cloth. baby wipes. It's good she's cleaning herself. I'm sure she'll be back to her old self in a day or two. YAY for spaying her!

Latest posts

Back