chin's TV

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfleenor2

I love chinnies!
Hello everyone!

Some questions for those of you who have TV for your chinnies:

Do you have it on just in the evening when you're up or do you leave it on all nite? Is the TV in front of their cage?

:thinking:Which type of programs do you think your chinnies "enjoy" more -
westerns, horror, action/adventure, musicals/romance, or scifi ? ;)

Thanks!!

Last edited:
I usually have my TV on most of the time. I think they enjoy having the sound (voices, music, etc) when no one's home or gone to bed. I'll switch it up from cartoons to music channels to Animal Planet...Gideon LOVES Animal Planet LOL. Seriously, he cocks his head sideways like a dog and will stare at the TV FOREVER!! :rofl:

We will leave our TV on at night then turn it off so they can sleep during the day. They have an aquarium for daytime viewing, in case they get bored.

As far as programming, I'm an overprotective chinmom, so they ONLY watch Nickelodeon when they are alone. If my husband or I are in the room, they might watch other stations as well. It's funny because each of them prefers different shows. Minnie's favorite show is Spongebob - she always stares at the TV when it's on. Carmen, on the other hand, prefers the late-night comedy stylings of George Lopez and Home Improvement.

I've heard that shows with lots of loud noises and violence aren't that great for them to "watch," but I don't think you can permanently scar them with an occasional shoot-em-up show ;)

Well, we've only had the boys for 2 days now...but last night, we were playing Call of Duty 5 and Sirius jumped on his shelf closest to the TV and sat there watching the whole time. It was adorable.

So it looks like we might have a TV watcher or at least a video game watcher...hehe.

Toby loves HGTV. I think he is planning on designing his own cage next time, complete with granite counter tops and hardwood flooring.

Our pediatrician and school teachers warn of too much television...does that not apply to our chin children too?...:)

I've heard that shows with lots of loud noises and violence aren't that great for them to "watch," but I don't think you can permanently scar them with an occasional shoot-em-up show ;)

I know sometimes they'll run to their hidey houses and be afraid with some noises and violence.:eek:

I leave the T.V on at night, since I'm gone to bed- it's sort of like entertainment. I usually leave MTV on or Animal Planet, or even VH1. Binx enjoys them. The T.V is near his cage, but I never leave it too loud.

Animal planet! Or you can do a radio as well. Mine like country! Lol.

Your guys' chins watch the TV too? And to think, I thought Zoe was "different" lol.

Latest posts

Back