Chins, Fumes, and Termites.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsangelaaa

My house is being fumigated for termites tomarrow (Tuesday) morning. We'll be able to move back in by Thursday afternoon. While we're away, I'm going to move my chins to my boyfriend's house. I'll be taking all their food, hay, wood, etc as well. Will it be okay for them to move back in when its safe for humans, or should I keep them away for a couple more days? Is there any other precautions I should take?

Also, I have a spare cage in the living room, and one outside in the yard. Should I take those with me as well, or will a good scrubdown with bleach/hot water afterwards be okay?

When I had to bomb for fleas 2 summers ago, I left all the animals out for the entire day. I bombed at around 6 a.m., and brought the animals in late that night.

I would think if you can go back in by Thursday, that by Friday it would be safe for the chins.

Personally, I would take the cages out. I would think they would absorb some of the treatment that could potentially harm your chins, even after scrubbing.

Back