Chins and Music

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know ms. petunia loves Edith Piaf (she's trying to a be french cultured chin) and they always listen to my boyfriend play the piano. They love certain kinds of music but not others. I saw on youtube too some people will play guitar for their chins and they dance around the room!
for a science project, you could document certain kinds of behaviors- ie. 'listening', falling asleep (or almost!), barking, running around, hiding, or eating and compare like jazz to heavy metal and always have a control- no music at all! (i'm a scientist~!) sounds like fun :)

I have 5 chins, and not bothered by the music so much, but they love tv. I've tried on several occassions to turn the tv off in their room, and they DO NOT like it at all. They shake their cages and make alot of noise, as if they are saying "hey, we want our tv" It is really funny! Gotta love my chins, and yes if wondering they do get their own way!

My guys are suckers for country, sometimes oldies too. They really seem to like the rat pack/easy listening. They always have something going.

Hahaha, sounds like some of you get really bossed around by your chinnies. :hilarious: Waaaaiiit...me too. >_<

Henry loves TV. The background music seems to affect how interested he is in watching a movie or program, when I tried to watch Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland (which I initially expected him to like because it was quite colourful), I had to put headphones on in the end because the music really creeped him out, he just ran and hid under the bed and refused to come out. When I put Ponyo (his favourite film) on for the first time, though, as soon as the music started, he came straight over to see what it was, and ended up watching the whole thing from his usual position on my desk shelf, looking absolutely mesmerised. He does seem to like Studio Ghibli movies in general, and I've noticed he looks interested if I practice speaking Japanese to him, too.
He's also been getting into the Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes series, as I got the boxset for Christmas, and he'll even sit on my lap and watch those through, it's the only time he keeps so still, somewhat to my surprise as usually he'll only bother watching action scenes (losing interest during talky bits, typical guy!) or animated movies. I would say he likes more classical sounding music, or gentle pop ballads. I am apparently no longer allowed to play hip hop or rock without using headphones, as otherwise he reacts the same way he does to the vacuum cleaner, hiding, huddling up, and looking utterly miserable.

Chins are interesting, heh, I would never have expected a small rodent to like TV and music, but clearly from this topic it's something they do respond to.

Back