Chinnie missing!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kogia

So I had a terrible night sleep, so the first thing I did was go down and check on my critters, and I see the worst possible thing- JACK was missing! The cage door was all the way open.

Thankfully, all the bathroom doors were CLOSED. Unfortunately, the other equally terrible room in the house wasn't- our storage room. I've put treats in there to see if he's still in there. The irony is, my job this weekend was supposed to ORGANIZE that darn room, so it looks like I'm going to do it under panic.

I've put treats in his cage, put a dust bin in the hallway halfway between the storage room and the cage, and a dust bin in the cage.

What else can I do? I'm trying to recruit my friends to come over and help me disassemble the room. I'm so scared right now. :vomit:

Heck, I remember latching the door last night after playtime! How could this have happened?

Time to start walking around with the dust bin and saying come here Jack. My Chie Chie has gotten out once or twice, but thankfully we got him back in fairly quickly. I hope you find him!

relax & be careful. when moving stuff, you dont want to crush him by mistake. also make sure friends are careful with their feet & closing doors. watch moving furniture, they hide in the strangest spots, including inside under a couch or chair.
the dust bath usually works. good luck. i hope you find jack soon.

Found! With the help of my friend we were able to find him, he's safe and sound

Do you keep his treats in a bag/jar that you could shake to get his attention? My chins always know when they are getting treats from the sound of their shredded wheat jar being opened and run up to the cage as fast as they can. Maybe you can coax him out with something like that??

I wish you the best of luck! Don't panic, my friend's parents accidentally let her guinea pig escape in the garage when she was out of town but she found her 2 days later by coaxing her out with food and her voice.

Whew! I love it when by the time I get around to reading the post the lost has been found! Glad you got him!

So glad you found him! We had this happen once, but we were able to find him quickly with the help of the dog. After looking for him frantically, I asked the dog "Where's Gus?" and she went straight to where he was (under the dresser). She sat there and wagged her tail until I was able to coax him out.

I am so glad you found him! I way I found Biggy when he got out was put the dust house in the middle of the floor with treats around it and in like no time i heard him flipping around in the dust bath lol. Its the best way to find chinnies! lol

So glad you found him! We had this happen once, but we were able to find him quickly with the help of the dog. After looking for him frantically, I asked the dog "Where's Gus?" and she went straight to where he was (under the dresser). She sat there and wagged her tail until I was able to coax him out.

That's AWESOME.

I remember one time when Sonya got out of her cage when I was sleeping! Luckily she was living in my room at the time, I woke up to her chewing something (I still don't know what it was lol...I'm thinking it was my head board)...I saw her empty cage, with the half-propped-open door, and promptly got her dustbath in the center of the room, and hid on my bed. She jumped in after a minute of making sure I wasn't around (lol) and then I put her back. Huge relief@!

Back