Chinnie Flower Salad

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essentia

Jax Chinchilla Rescue
For anyone that feeds my salad, have you ever encountered your chinchilla having a red tinted poo and getting diarrhea? The salad contains Hibiscus, which can tint human poo reddish, but shouldn't be causing any diarrhea. I had someone contact me and state their chinchilla has reddish diarrhea, and the only thing new that has been fed is my salad (though I have no idea if this is true or not). This is the only time I have ever gotten this complaint, or any complaint at all, so I want to check with the rest of you to make sure if anyone else has had any problems. I use this for my own chins and haven't noticed anything, but I want to be absolutely sure.

Also, mainly to anyone in the past month who has been using my salad, anything like this happen? This is a new supply of ingredients, but from the exact same supplier I have always used.

It just has me worried. :(

My chins have never had diarrhea nor red poop Crysta. I have one who gets it everyday.

Yeah, you do have the newest batch. Ok, between the 3 forums I am on, no one else has had problems (even with the new batch), so I feel better. Thank you so much!

Often I find people don't want to admit they were doing wrong...I had someone contact me saying the chinchilla they bought from me died...we went through all the basic questions..no no treats as it was a baby...temperature...etc but it did slip they gave him some of their roast beef sandwich cause he was begging so cute and they just couldn't resist..it was just a tiny nibble......

Sadly I have gotten very suspicious of people always seems to come out......

Crysta--I give my boys an herbal mix that i make that includes and has included for well over a year hibiscus flowers. Some of my boys will even eat a large piece (size of dime) and i have not once encountered a tinted poop. the only time i have ever heard anyone have color is either the dark orange urine or they use those colored shavings.

often i find people don't want to admit they were doing wrong...i had someone contact me saying the chinchilla they bought from me died...we went through all the basic questions..no no treats as it was a baby...temperature...etc but it did slip they gave him some of their roast beef sandwich cause he was begging so cute and they just couldn't resist..it was just a tiny nibble......

Sadly i have gotten very suspicious of people always seems to come out......

roast beef!?!?

Back