Chinnie Chirstmas gifts

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

I know my girls don't know it's Holiday time, but since it's only the 4 of them and myself in the house, I'd like to get them something. They're needing new toys anyway and I love seeing how excited they get over new things to chew on and destroy lol

Who all gets gift for their chinnies/pets and what do you get them? I'm not looking for suggestions since they aren't too picky, it's just general curiosity and something to chat about :)

ME!! i'm getting my chinnie fleece accessories, toys, and food of course lol.
my robo hamsters are upgrading to a 75 gallon tank.
my female mice are upgrading to a 20 gallon tank
and my male mouse is upgrading to a 10 gallon tank.

of course all of them will be decked out with new stuff.
and my rats well i'm not sure about them yet.

We went with hammocks this year, along with some houses that I'm waiting for hubby to make for me! The last gift is sorta for me too! lol

All my critters (2 chins, 1 glider, 2 ratties, 1 ferret, 3 dogs and even the fish) get Christmas gifts! I have purchased many goodies from vendors on here!

My chins got gifts from their Secret Santa. I just bought them TONS of wood from Susan and Ronda. My plan is to make them so many toys that they won't mind being in temp cages for 3 weeks.

I usually go in and fill up their hanging toys with a bunch of new stuff every few weeks or when they have decimated their toys. During Christmastime I have a ton of extra red and green stuff left over so they get those on their toys. It's not really a present to them because it's what they normally get. I have some chins that like to try out new things for me from time to time. I made up a chinnie-size Christmas tree that four of the rescue boys enjoyed turning into colored confetti...they got that weeks ago though, I guess that doesn't count either. :D My poor chins aren't spoiled...

My chins got their Christmas early this year!
Everyone got new lava ledges, willow branches, yucca pieces, palm leaf shredders, grape vine wood, and fleece items. I've also dyed my fingers/hands black giving them new huts and ledges in Christmas colors! lol
My gerbils are getting upgraded to a 40L gallon tank, so I think they'll be amused as well.

My animals always get presents. Usually I can't wait for xmas and they get their things early lol. This year my dogs got a heated bed and we (them and I) got a heated blanket to snuggle on the couch with. As for my chinchillas, well, I have already spent so much on wood shelves(Whimsy), wood sticks(Rhonda), toys, food, their cage, a maze(fiesty chinchilla), playpen, and fleece (Annie). I did manage to find little stockings at Target with a "C" and "M" on them. I will have to add a little toy or two in them, but I consider everything else they have got a xmas present as well. My dogs already have their stockings. I think I'll add greenies or something because I already gave them the bed & blanket lol.

Last edited:
Mine are getting a cage over twice the size of their old one, it should be ready in the next week or so so they will be getting it a bit early. No doubt they´ll bark at me for changing the furniture in their room since the new cage will take up most of the space on the far wall and last time I added a small side table to that room they sulked for a few days and didnt want to come out and play.

The bird gets treats and the hamsters get some new mineral stones and one of them is getting a new hut.

I have stockings for all my animals. But i do have to go get Oz one as well. Not really sure what I'm gonna put in it. But i bet he'll like it regardless =) Although he will probably get toys and food. His cage will be a late xmas gift but thats okay =)

Some of this is necessities and some are just luxury

I got willow boot pkg which came with a variety of different sticks and a small pkg of rose hips as well as willo candy can they each have two

Willow ornaments (that will be mostly out of reach)

Willow loofa wreath

Chin spin

Cuddle ledge

Double hammock

Fleece stuff

I can't wait to do my first pic of my cage soon

My boys are getting a bigger cage, after I get to work at my second job during christmast break, because we couldn't bring their big one from my parents house here due to it wouldn't fit though the doors :[

Back