Chinchillas by Barron's

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diamond Dreams

Erudite Chinchillas
"Chinchillas - A Complete Pet Owner's Manual" Has anyone read this book? I borrowed it from the library and don't want to give it back because I disagree with so much of the information, not to mention the pictured chins are all dirty and ratty looking.

Is there another book I can recommend to the library when I tell them to throw this one away?

I actually have 3 copies of that same book here from people who surrendered their chins. I was going to put them up on paperbackswap.com, but I thought against it. I don't want to be at fault for circulating that book any further either.

There's also one from Animal Planet that shows chinchillas eating carrots and lettuce (on the cover) throughout the book, and says that they can have apples, blueberries, grapes and celery.

This was the first book I bought, but luckily I never gave them any of that stuff. Yikes!

I personally "vandalized" a book of this :\...... I felt I was justified.... I didn't do it in sloppy graffiti style either, I took my time and wasn't sloppy about it. lol. Old book, but updated information (in the copy I altered that is)

I notice my local petco gives orange slices to their chins. They throw orange slices in to the ferrets and guinea pigs as well...I wanted to say something, but I was afraid that they'd blow me off, and I don't do well when I fear for an animal's safety because of human stupidity. I might go down there tomorrow and say something though.

Back