chinchilla white pee? HELP!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chey

okay so i bought 2 chinchillas a few days ago....and the female i noticed today as she sat on her running wheel she peed and it WAS WHITE and milky looking...i looked all over the internet and couldn't find anything about it, is this normal? If not what is wrong with her? :( please help im very worried.

Sometimes when females go into estrus they can have milky discharge. Excessive, smelly, or thick discharge and swelling in her genital area could be sign of a urinary tract infection and should see your small animal vet as soon as possible. Even if you're unsure which it is its better to see the vet to air on the safe side.

It's doubtful that it was white pee. I would be worried that she has a uterine infection. I would monitor her very closely and if she has any more discharge get her into a vet to have her checked.

Also it sounds like you have a male and a female? Please due your research on breeding and only breed animals that are of good quality.

Back