Chinchilla show live on-line

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this topic has been brought up several times among different groups and a few times on here. It all comes down to the commitment of the group that wants to do it and finding a way. Just because it's a difficult task does not make it an impossible task.

I think if a group could actually get this going and get somewhere with it, it would be a great thing for both organizations and help get more interest in the shows. I know I have a heck of a time explaining a show to people and if we could have people tune in for a show, I am sure it would garner more interest in people actually attending and joining in on the fun.

I know a couple of different groups that livestream concerts and they don't use a ton of equipment. Most important is having an internet connection with enough bandwidth.

Oh, man, I would LOVE this!!!

Since I can't get to ALL ECBC and MCBA shows, I would be happy to watch online for free, or even for Pay per View!!!

I don't think that it would cause people NOT to attend a show that they normally do.

However, I do agree with Ruby -- half the fun of attending a show is getting to visit with old friends and to make new ones. Also, buying tickets for the fabulous raffle prizes!!!

I think you should go full steam ahead with this idea!!! :thumbsup:

I would like to see it done, see how well it works and then know what it cost to do it. I am sure this would not be done at all shows as some shows are lucky to break even with some even dipping into their own pockets to keep the shows going. It could have educational benefits if done well with high quality equipment but being there and seeing with your own eyes will always be the best to train your eye for what qualities the judges are seeing compared to what you see.

The Greater Western Branch will be holding its first ECBC sanction show on December 8th in Eugene, Oregon. It will be the first attempt to "stream" a chinchilla show live.

Dick Bradford has agreed to judge this ground breaking event

I wouldn't watch any show online expecting to learn what I can learn at a show I attend. Particularly, I wouldn't expect to be able to see any specific traits that the judges comment on other than size. For truly learning, I'd hope people would understand that attending a show is vital for that.

I would watch an online show to get my "fix" while waiting for my shows and to see how my friends in other states do with their chins. It would cut down a heck of a lot on the five million text messages everyone gets at shows asking who is winning what. I'd also tune in just to see the banter that goes on between judges and the audience and to help me decide which out of state shows I would want to attend the next year.

With that in mind, I don't think "high quality" equipment is necessary. Even with high quality equipment, there is just no way to keep up with the judges during the show and zoom in on certain traits and zoom out again and zoom in again. It gives me a headache just thinking about it. I'd be happy to see shows get on video and online first and then worry about getting more technical after that. I think quality of the sound is the only thing I would worry about very much.

The December show will be a very interesting one to attend! I'm glad it falls right after my last set of finals so I can sit back and enjoy being a graduate at the show!

I personally wouldn't watch one.

I do think it would be a good tool for people to see what shows are like.

I don't think it will make a difference in show attendance.

I think shows are boring as all getout if you don't enter animals. Like Lynn I mostly go for the people and socialization and often do not stay in the show hall during judging unless I am interested in a particular animal or one of mine is up.

I actually did record a couple when they were in Idaho. I ran into several problems, the biggest being that the judges became very, very upset. Granted this was right after the big PETA thing and a certain ranch... but it was an issue.

Of course there is the 10 hours of video and the time it takes to edit it if you are going to put it up permanently. I think it would be very cool to see setup and takedown too.

I would watch an online show to get my "fix" while waiting for my shows and to see how my friends in other states do with their chins. It would cut down a heck of a lot on the five million text messages everyone gets at shows asking who is winning what. I'd also tune in just to see the banter that goes on between judges and the audience and to help me decide which out of state shows I would want to attend the next year.

yes! I need my "fix", and some text messangers are not very reliable (me included: I get busy!)

Latest posts

Back