Chinchilla show live on-line

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've actually wondered about this. It would be nice for those of us who can't always travel everywhere for shows.

Sounds interesting to me - I personally would love it if you could enhance the sound as during a live show it is sometimes impossible to hear the judges comments. I am hearing impaired but I have heard many others who have normal hearing say the same thing.

We could wire the judges for sound. Just pin a wireless mic to them. Switch them "on" when they are ready to make their comments.

We are also planning to make the shows available on-line to be viewed after the shows are over

I think it's a great idea, and would be an awesome learning tool for newbies, and old alike! Especially since no 2 judges are ever the same!

I would definitely watch an on-line show, especially those not in my area. I would like to see what an ECBC show is like, since I've never been to one and know that the show runs differently and may have judges that I will never have the priviledge of meeting and seeing their style otherwise.

Also I like to hear all the comments that the judge gives to my animals and it can be hard to write all of them down b/c it is not only hard to hear, but hard to write that fast, and hard to know which animal they are talking about when you are writing and not looking at the judge!

The only other comment I have would be whether or not being able to watch a show live on-line would reduce the number of people that actually go to the show to watch and learn? This could have a small negative effect on the chapters not receiving as much income for the small fee on-lookers would pay to enter.

Cheryl

The only other comment I have would be whether or not being able to watch a show live on-line would reduce the number of people that actually go to the show to watch and learn? This could have a small negative effect on the chapters not receiving as much income for the small fee on-lookers would pay to enter.

Cheryl

I wonder if you pay a fee to watch the video. I think the only way this would negatively affect the branches is if people decide to watch rather than bring animals or enter the raffles.

However, I myself would only use it for shows I wouldn't be going to in the first place. Half the show is the socialization you get and the ability to ask questions and see the animals in person.

Last edited:
I like the idea, but the sound must be clear and there should be some way for the viewer to not just be seeing a static picture of the whole table but a decent shot of the animals themselves somewhat close up (perhaps even a little better than the view an audience member may see). Consider a tiny camera mounted at table level in front of the chins the judges are commenting on. This will allow the at home viewers to see the quality of the chins the judges are discussing much better (assuming a high quality image feed). All this while not impeding the view of the ranchers at the show itself. Could be great if done well. Also, I am curious to see how much people would be willing to pay and if it would be cost effective.

I would love to see a broadcast of a show I was unable to attend in person! Glad your branch is working to get this idea off the ground. Good luck with the process: work out all the bugs for the rest of us! :thumbsup:

Good luck with it. We mentioned it to a couple of judges and they wouldn't even consider it. There's also the problem of where to put the camera where it won't be seen by the judges (and detract from the chins) or in the way of the audience seeing the animals.

I would be concerned that this would be upward towards nine or ten hours of video. I know uploading an hour video through vimeo takes several hours to compress before it can be uploaded. Live feed means really high tech equipment. I don't think I would pay to see other people's animals and video unless you're talking professional quality, otherwise it wouldn't be good enough to really learn from. I'm just thinking Ghost Hunters and all the other reality shows and they're pretty high tech.

Latest posts

Back