Chinchilla penis problem.. HELP!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdiz123

Hello,
today I did my monthly hair ring check on my two male chins. One of them was clean, and the other had a hair ring so I carefully removed it and then I noticed his penis looking kind of weird in comparison to my other chin. Is this due to the hair ring? Should I be worried? I already removed the hair ring so I don't know why it looks kind of greyish.. Please help! I've never seen his penis like this before and I'm worried!
The beige one is Bruno(his belly is white so in the picture he is the white one), he didn't have a hair ring and he seems to look normal down there. Freddie is the black velvet one who has the strange penis which im worried about.
Please help!
Thank you

Attachments

• fredward.jpg
    fredward.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Brunus.jpg
    Brunus.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 61
I've read that hair rings can cut off circulation since its wrapped tightly around the penis but I guess it's not the case! thank you

kdiz123, I am guessing you meant that the "cone" part on the BV is grey whereas the other chin's is pink? I don't have any experience with this but just trying to help clarify

That is just skin pigmentation on the sheath if that is what you are talking about as both penises are retracted in these photos. Skin pigment is different from chin to chin and can darken and freckle with age. I do not have any concerns based on these photos alone.

If there has been a very sudden change, I would maybe be concerned about a circulation issue but otherwise it sounds like its normal. And if you perform regular hair ring checks they are probably fine! And as always if he has any signs of lethargy or behavioral/eating changes I would maybe consider a vet visit.

Back