Chinchilla drinking and peeing alot

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

furrylovables

I just got a phone call from a woman who is worried about her chin. Her chinchilla is almost 2 years old and just started drinking and peeing more than usual. No changes in temperature or food, also her chin is acting her normal self. Any ideas??

Any way she could be pregnant? What is the temperature of the room the chin is in?

No, she's not, owner has had only her for a little over a year. Room temperature ranges from 67-72 degrees. I just talked to my vet, he said could be kidney problems or diabetes.

I had a chin with renal failure and he pretty much started bloating up, and looked like a balloon after a few days. He did drink a lot of water, and seemed to retain most of it. A vet could do a blood test and get a better idea.

I also think it could be renal disease, as the common signs of it are increased drinking and urination, lethargy.
Maybe the chin ate something toxic?

Pyometra? You'd need a vet, really. Let us know what he says.

If it was pyometra she would be having purlent discharge from her vulva, not really urinating a lot or drinking a lot. Lethergy is also a sign of pyo and high temperture. Anyhow you take it she needs to see the vet.

Latest posts

Back