Chinchilla Cocktail

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z.feidelberg

Zander
Hey guys I was wondering what you thought about this treat I found on Drs.Foster and Smith. I was wondering if I would be healthy for a Chinchilla or if it had lots of bad things in it. I saw that it had rose hips and I knew that they were good for Chinchillas. Here is the link.

"Ingredients: Rose Hips, Carob, Potatoes, Corn Meal, Mountain Ash Berries, Alfalfa."

Potatoes? Carob? Carob is a sweetner from my understanding. I think I'd stay away... If you want rose hips, there are people on the forum that sell them.

Most people here don't recommend feeding vegetables or fruit, both of which are in that treat mix...so its probably not worth it if you are just going to pick out the rose hips.

We don't call the company VitaKrap for nothing. Stay away from anything made by them.

I find rosehips in the natural section of the regular grocery store. They are very lightweight so even though it says like $10 a pound, you can get a lot for $2

Latest posts

Back