Chinchilla anger?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heku

Hi all,
My chinchilla Lola seems to have a problem with my boyfriend. My boyfriend has always been very nice to my chinchilla but every time he comes over and she is out of the cage she makes an effort to poop and recently pee on him. We cannot figure out if this is an angry thing, if they do this if they are happy. But she doesn't do it for anyone else.

When shes doing the act the best word to describe it would be she shuffles her feet (he used the word scuttles) and then poops or pees. But when she usually goes to the bathroom she doesn't shuffle at all.

Does anyone have this problem or input on what shes up to or what we can do?
:wacko:

Last edited:
Chinchillas poop, all the time, it's not an anger thing. The pee might be. :) I don't really know. Bryson poops on me, but he's head over heals in love with me, it's just what they do, no way to stop it really.

haha I hope /bet you are right. But when she usually goes its more or less just happens but when shes on him she literally squeezes it out. Haha! Animals always like him tho so maybe she just really likes him!

Some chinchillas will not like certain people. I have had a few that hate me and love everyone else...and I have had even more that love me very much and will not stand to be touched by other people. :)

It definitely sounds like a territorial thing to me. Tell you boyfriend to not take it too personally. :)

hahaha yea... good idea he defiantly felt bad. The weird thing is she lets him pet her and snuggle her. And when he left (a few seconds ago) she literally ran, jumped, and smashed head first in the door handle, then tried again... maybe she misses him?! Its really a mystery.

BWHAHAHA!!! JUST READ YOUR COMMENT PEEP! hahaha I'm glad you know the scoot! I'll pass that on! Does your chins scoot as well?

Can't say I know the 'scoot', lol, but are you sure your chin isn't spraying if your chin is a female? That can mean anger..

Hmmmm... I'm pretty sure.she has only peed on him once and she did it the way she usually does. I'm almost positive she isn't spraying but maybe I should get "the scoot" on tape and see if anyone can identify.

no jump no noise. She like scoots then sometimes she will just sit there and chill if we don't move her. But every time she scoots she poops. The peeing was a one time thing, she usually scoots, poops, and gets on with her merry way! Its just so weird. And I don't know if it has something to do with his guitar. Because this all started 3 weeks ago when he played his guitar. Ever since then shes pooped on him. HAHA when he plays it she always gets out of her cage and walks all over his guitar and tries to bite the strings. Maybe she doesn't like the guitar and associates him with the guitar? haha maybe I'm way off!

no jump no noise. She like scoots then sometimes she will just sit there and chill if we don't move her. But every time she scoots she poops. The peeing was a one time thing, she usually scoots, poops, and gets on with her merry way! Its just so weird. And I don't know if it has something to do with his guitar. Because this all started 3 weeks ago when he played his guitar. Ever since then shes pooped on him. HAHA when he plays it she always gets out of her cage and walks all over his guitar and tries to bite the strings. Maybe she doesn't like the guitar and associates him with the guitar? haha maybe I'm way off!

Anytime I mess around on my guitar my boys go crazy and popcorn. They absolutely love it :) I don't know why she would be pooping because of the guitar. Bryson won’t let my put the guitar away without letting him "play" it. If I put it up, he will help himself to it. Chins love music, so maybe it's a love thing? Poops mean nothing. Like I said, they poop all the time and can't really help it, but she could be squeezing a few "presents" out ;)

HAHA Thanks for the input Brittany! That's so interesting. Chinchillas must love music then! When he plays she crawls all over the guitar. It even seems like shes trying to play it sometimes. :) Yay! Thank you! :dance3:

scoot peeing is definitely marking territory. My two have scooty pee wars all over the room - they hate each other. Does your boyfriend have any pets that he might smell like? She may be trying to tell that animal that he is hers now ;)

scoot peeing is definitely marking territory. My two have scooty pee wars all over the room - they hate each other. Does your boyfriend have any pets that he might smell like? She may be trying to tell that animal that he is hers now ;)

YOU KNOW THE SCOOT!!! Yipee! (also I think you should coin the term "Scooty Pee Wars!") Hm, She has no relatives. Not even another animal in the house. She has her own (chin proof) room, She lives at my dads house until we get an apartment, and the other house we semi live at has the same cats. He is an animal magnet tho and all the outside animals in our neighborhood flock to him haha so he might have wild cat smells? haha

...tee hee... scooty pee wars

Latest posts

Back