chin with lost pedigree

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my jaded opinion, having dealt with malo for 10 years on many chins, cull means put down, cull does not mean give away as a pet, cull does not mean sell as a pet, giving or selling a malo carrier chin means you are giving or selling this animal to your worst enemy, because you must really hate that person to give them years of ****.

Around here when I cull for health reasons it means they are put down plain and simple. I see no reason for the animal to continue to suffer. For other reasons such as quality or production they are either sold with the reason given before they are sold or put down if I do not consider them worthy of being part of someone else's breeding herd. I am not into knowingly passing problems on to others and then having the problems expand to many others as someone else may not cull as hard as I do. There are enough problems that come up with out breeding some thing you know has or carries problems. Its also a very hard line to try to bred for quality healthy animals if you use animals with known problems. If you cannot keep animals around for more than a few years you do not have much of a chance to work with and improve them. If I sold them as pets someone would end up with heartache, possibly high vet bills, and the animal would probably end up suffering more than what it should. There would also be the slight possibility of someone getting one of these animals and deciding to bred it which would be totally wrong.

Back