Chin-Safe Air Fresheners?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordanln97

Cuddling Extraordinaire
Are there any? I don't wanna' spray something in the house and risk Rocco's health with the fumes.

For the most part? No. The chemicals in air fresheners aren't good for their respiratory systems. Heck, I don't think they're good for humans, let alone animals.

I know people have used an absorber in the past, but I'm drawing a blank as to what they are called right now. You can stick them in the oven to regenerate them...

Some people burn (I believe) soy based candles.

What sort of odor are you looking to eliminate?

Rocco's cage is in my bedroom, so I'm not sure if there's an odor from the cage or something else in the room.

If there is an odor from the cage, he needs to be cleaned more often. Chins have little to no odor when cleaned regularly.

I would suggest you find the reason for the odor and remove the 'offender' - whether it is a dirty cage (clean more often) or something else. That is way better than trying to mask the problem

Yeah, I agree to find the source of the odor. I have two cages with three chins and I don't have a smell.

My cage also has an odor but I just cleaned them two days ago! I use pine bedding too..I don't know if it's because of the rain or something. They're dry though. It could be my guinea pigs. But I just recently changed their bedding too. :/

Tiny threadjack. What about burning sage? I used to do this in my house all the time, and it's a natural way to clear the air. Is this chinny safe? I stopped using actual incense before I got the boys, but this topic got me wondering.

Back