chin mouth x-rays

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chin_Pig

i dont know if any one can help but my vet had taken xrays of a chins mouth. She said she thought the teeth looked normal but wasnt a 100% sure. she was going to contact some college vet teacher (i dont remember if he is a chin vet or just a college vet with little experience) but he was out of town for a while and so she thought to ask me first, i told her about this forum.

She hasn't see a ton chins W/ malo, so that is why she wants to check.

on the side view it looks like the last tooth on top is curved, to me, but she said the x-rays were slightly angled because the animal was dead. (the chin had died and the owner wanted x-rays i guess)

anyway any thoughts would be great.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 0CHINCH.jpg
    0CHINCH.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 1CHINCH.jpg
    1CHINCH.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 47
There is slight to moderate elongation of the roots all around and the chewing surface of the teeth are uneven (atleast on one side of the mouth, the other side looks decent)
They are pretty good x-rays technique wise.

I agree with Alicyn, you can see the uneven wear on the chewing surface, and elongation, you can see how the bottom roots nearly reach to the bottom of the lower jaw bone.

Wave mouth and moderate elongation. The chin would have had a difficult time eating with that occlusal surface.

Latest posts

Back