Chin Chewing on Leg - Abcsess (Graphic pic)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't comment earlier, because I had no experience with a wound like that, but I think you did a remarkable job in getting this little girl healed up!!! :thumbsup:

Yea, I agree great job. I feel like it really could have gone either way but you stuck with it and got her through to recovery!!! Does she use her leg somewhat normally now?

She uses her leg normally, she just has a little limp. She jumps off it fine and lands on it fine.

I've been checking her leg several times a day to be sure she's leaving it along and until last night, she has been. I noticed a little scratch on it this morning. I had to go to work today, so I put the cone back on her just to be sure I didn't come home to a nightmare again.

I'm thinking perhaps it's still itchy??? Any ideas on what I could do to help her out or discourage her from chewing?

I've thought about rubbing a little Baytril on the area, since she has grown to hate the stuff. I was hoping she would get a whiff of it and stay away. It sounds like a crazy idea to me, but it just may work. Any thoughts?

Latest posts

Back