chin chew-acolic!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenn

ZooKeeper
I was just wondering if anyone has the same issues with their chins and chewing...When I sit with Tinkerbell in her playpen, she loves to sit on me and jump all over me (just like all chins do). But I have to be careful about what I wear, or don't wear when I visit her. I have to wear socks because she chews on my toes and I just can't handle that! But I have also discovered that I can't wear my belted levi's because she will chew on my leather belt and she will chew on the leather levi tag on my back pocket. She is obsessed and I will gently remove her but she will try to go back and chew on my clothes the entire time I'm with her. She also likes to chew on my socks, going after those little balls that appear on socks after the drier. I think she is trying to groom me but I think it is a bad habit and isn't good for her and certainly isn't good for my clothes! Of course, being the stubborn child that she is, she won't settle for substitutions :hair: Is Tinkerbell a clothes chew-aholic that needs to go to counseling, or do your chins have the same insane issues?

Stealing a quote- "Chins chew and they poo, that's what they do."

They looove chewing, and will chew on whatever's chewable. Even if it's a big no-no.

Only one of my four does that to my clothes, but be greatful!!! My bf cannot sit when the boys are playing because Sambuca loves nothing more than to groom his beard eyebrow and EYELASHES!!!!! Think you toes are bad-how about a chinnie kiss to the eyeball lol...

oh the sacrafices

yes, mine like to try to trim my fingernails...ouch! They have also chewed my hair, clothes, glasses, and one took a piece out of my cell phone while I was talking next to an open cage!

My girls taste everything. If it is something they shouldn't be chewing, including me, I make that "eeehhhh" noise that's really annoying and they stop LOL.

Tika is a master groomer of my knuckles. It is always a trade, i give her her scritches and then she will not let me do anything unless she gets to groom my knuckles. If she happens to bite to hard i just say "ouch" in as high a pitch as i can muster. I think she gets the idea, she usually only gets carried away now and then with to hard of a bight.

When she is out for play time she loves to try and groom my eyebrows... can't say I'm to fond if it, so most of the time she gets denied.

Mine also seem to have an affinity for belts. Seems that most of mine have teeth marks somewhere on them. And it seems the more you scoot them away from the desired chew toy, the more they want it. Now when I am in with them for playtime I sit cross-legged and wrap a fleece blanket around myself, tucking it under my legs. So far it has worked wonders to protect my clothes and they love to crawl up on my shoulders and jump down into the lap hammock.

Remind me to show you pics of my scars sometime. They chew anything and everything, including us!

Yep...Temp takes little nibbles out of me from time to time as well. They're love bites ;)

We like to call Kenai our little chewy boy, if that gives you any idea. I think he has this thing for the edge of my sleeves... I almost always have to roll them up or he'll try to munch on them. And then of course he'll go after my watch, hair elastic, or whatever else is on my wrist :) He's got a big thing for grooming hands too, and sometimes gets a little overzealous with my nails... silly boy.

Valentine doesn't nibble on much besides his "test" nibble on things, but he does keep trying to nibble on my belly ring LOL

I have found that when I go to see Tink, I have to be wearing socks, and I have to be wearing clothes without belts or tags or buttons, or... It's incredible how many things on us they can find to chew on - and then the battle is on!

Doof loves to nibble on my class ring. No idea why. I never take it off because my finger feels naked, but I have to watch it around her. She also likes to try and pull my pants down (I usually wear PJ bottoms around the house so her mission is usually accomplished). She's such a odd bugger but what can I say, I love her.

Mine seem to have their favorites LOL. Cheeko likes to go after my earrings and watch...I guess because they are shiny. Gideon, he loves to go after my plants...when I let him out I have to move all of my plants, it's a pain in the butt. Frick and Frack chew any and everything, they're always taste-testing something. Frack crawled into my pillowcase the other day and was chewing the tag on the pillow, I just about died laughing LOL. Remi doesn't seem to chew on alot of things, but lately he's been trying to dig a hole in the floor of his cage to get down to Frick and Frack...I'm thinking about taking the divider out so they can be roomies.

Back