Cheap fn142

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going through some old paper work and found this print out from Kennelvet "back in the day" when they sold the FN for $156. It's possible that Petsmart will price match it, they did for me earlier this year. Here is a scanned copy of the paper if anyone wants it.
kennelvetfn.jpg

Where the heck were you with this ad a month ago?! JK :D! My local petsmart does pricematch but I needed the ad, I got lucky that they had assembled the cage incorrectly so they took $50 off their price for all my trouble.

I know Petsmart changed their price match policy.. When was the last time someone had a successful price match done? They reworded it on their site and refused to do it for me last time.

edit: just read the policy again.. it has to be an in-store ad to get an in-store price match.. not an online ad.. so you'd have to get it online to get an online ad price matched i guess

Last edited:
I know Petsmart changed their price match policy.. When was the last time someone had a successful price match done? They reworded it on their site and refused to do it for me last time.

edit: just read the policy again.. it has to be an in-store ad to get an in-store price match.. not an online ad.. so you'd have to get it online to get an online ad price matched i guess

Really, it's just the luck of the draw as to whether they price match or not. Before they changed their policy they were still giving customers a hard time about price matching. In my case, it was about a month ago that I went back to the same petsmart that has always price matched for me but I did not have the kennelvet ad, I never saved it from when they had it listed for $156.35, but I did have a Meijer ad listing the FN for $199.

Ya I had one of mine price matched, no problem. Same store 2 months later, the cashier refused.

If I do try again, i'm just going to call ahead and get a manager's name instead of wasting my time and energy getting irritated at them, lol.

I was going through some old paper work and found this print out from Kennelvet "back in the day" when they sold the FN for $156. It's possible that Petsmart will price match it, they did for me earlier this year. Here is a scanned copy of the paper if anyone wants it.
kennelvetfn.jpg

Thanks for posting this ad up! I just got Petsmart to pricematch it! :hug2:

I wonder if Amazon.com will price match this. (My local petsmart would not.)

Amazon.com has this cage for $156.35 as well. Free shipping and no tax.

I just ordered a second one. :thumbsup:

Just tried the store in Palmdale, CA with no luck. She told me it has to be a physical store like Wal-mart. I am keeping the ad in my car for when I go to Bakersfield or maybe another city. Anyone in California have luck?

Tried another store in Lancaster and then in Bakersfield with no luck. Almost had some luck in Bakersfield but they got scared with the $100 difference.
On the way home we just ordered one off of Amazon for 202 and free shipping.

Crying at the fact that had I waited one more monthI could have saved $50! J/k

dunno if this could help anyone but amazon gave me a free trial of amazon "prime", where for 30 days you can purchase most items-of various prices-with free shipping and ibelieve no tax either. I was able to buy my fn142 for a total of $200 (they were having sales onthe cages as well).

Needless to say I took advantage of the free trial, and the best part was I didn't have to call customer service to cancel...just clicked the "prime" feature on my acct to deactivate it.

And for students in college, you can get a free year trial of Prime. It's really nice to have, I've saved a lot of money by doing it. Most pet items aren't prime eligible on there, but the 40 oz Oxbow tim. hay is, and a few other things. It really makes a difference because for small items like that, the shipping usually costs more than the item.

Just tried the store in Palmdale, CA with no luck. She told me it has to be a physical store like Wal-mart. I am keeping the ad in my car for when I go to Bakersfield or maybe another city. Anyone in California have luck?

I'm in New York, but I was told the same thing at my PetSmart. They will price match any online or print-ad price, but it has to be somewhere with a physical store.

Back