Cha Chi & Cha Cha..

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChunkyChins

Yesterday I picked up 2 Chinchillas that a family didn't want to care for anymore. They are a male (not neutered) and female, brother and sister.. about 18 months old.. who have been caged together their entire lives. :impatient: They were supposed to be beiges but they're actually tans. They're very small for their age.. both seem to be healthy and are super sweet! Pictures are from when they were in the carriers right after they were handed to me. More to come later after they're bathed. :)

Attachments

• chacha1.jpg
    chacha1.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 50
  • chacha2.jpg
    chacha2.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 52
  • chachi1.jpg
    chachi1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 48
  • chachi2.jpg
    chachi2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 44
  • chachi3.jpg
    chachi3.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 41
Awww lookit those ears!
Are you going to be neutering the male and putting them back together, or are you going to separate them? Any idea if she could be pregnant? Glad you got them :)

Your nuts Linda...they're TOTALLY beige! Gosh...don't you know your colors? :neener:

Are you going to be neutering the male and putting them back together, or are you going to separate them? Any idea if she could be pregnant?

They will be separated. She's going to get a female cagemate and he'll get to go into a male colony of some sort. I don't think it's necessary to keep them together or to neuter him just for that purpose when they are perfectly fine living in same sex pairs. ;)

She is very possibly pregnant since this person has had these two paired together for a while. We'll have her on pregnancy watch for a while before she'll be rehomed.

Last edited:
They're pretty darn cute already and with some baths and good care they'll look even better. :))

They will be seperated. I may just put the girl in with my colony of girls.. and we have several single males the boy can go with. Like Tab said, no need to put him through a neuter. I really hope that she's not pregnant, they are VERY small for their age. I haven't weighed them but they just look dinky... and that wouldn't be very good for her!!

On a side note, they have really freckled ears already for being so young. I think these chinnies are going to be those severely freckled chins in a few years. Soooo cute!

I was mad when I got them.. the lady had them in a cardboard pet carrier and it was 93 degrees outside. :hair: And she made me meet her in a parking lot in the hot sun. Then handed me the carrier, said their mom was some sort of white, they're 18 months old and beige, then said thank you, got in her car, and left.

I was mad when I got them.. the lady had them in a cardboard pet carrier and it was 93 degrees outside. And she made me meet her in a parking lot in the hot sun. Then handed me the carrier, said their mom was some sort of white, they're 18 months old and beige, then said thank you, got in her car, and left.

:vomit: :hair: :banghead:
I would've #&*^$@*&#*$ed her!!! :deadhorse::deadhorse2:

Latest posts

Back