Caught In Pee War

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinwawa

Besotted Chinchilla Lover
My two 6 year old female rehomes have each sprayed me as they and I got to know each other. My younger female chin has sprayed me when I was reaching for her in her cage. All on the hands. Not too bad.

However, last night I got caught in the line of fire between my younger chin who was in her cage and the more agressive chin in the bonded pair. The agressive chin has previously tried to get at the younger one through cage bars. I now have all kinds of fences up to keep them away from each other when either one is out for play time.

My little one saw the older one climb up on a foot stool in front of her cage and even though the agressive chin could not get near her, my little one stood up and let fly with a stream of pee that caught me just as I was leaning forward to shoo the agressive one away.

Very effective defense to say the least. Oh well, I'm still so in love with all of them that I took it in stride and marveled at the wonders of animal behavior as I washed up.

Salty. :err:

Eroomlorac,

I was laughing out loud LATER. I always so surprised in that split second when they take aim and I feel something warm.
:tantrum:

I hate that. And, it always seems like it is SO MUCH pee for just a short blast...they give you everything they've got all at once. It's warm...ewwww...

I'm sorry you got it in the mouth...ick. Normally they get me in the eyes...

Girls have better aim than boys.

I have been sprayed many times, I've (crossing my fingers) been lucky and not gotten in the mouth. I had two females that were chasing each other once.
The male in the cage was hiding in his house watching them. All of a sudden the girls began running up and spraying the poor dude in the face. I felt so bad for him.

I have gotten sprayed by Bobo many, many times. She is much better these days, giving off several warnings before actually letting go--however I do know your shame--I've gotten it in the mouth more than once. She's lucky her adorableness and also being my first chin allows her all the nastiness she has sometimes! lol!

I have never been sprayed by my two females, but earlier today I was picking up my boy Sabin and I guess he must have just started going because he got me all over the front of my shirt and my arms!

I don't know but it sure defines the phrase "Pi$$ed off". :hilarious:

They certainly were. LOL

I love CnH. This is not a great topic for me to share at work at a library. A zoo, yes...library, no.

I must say I am totally fascinated by all aspects of chins. I like everything about them. Even their expert defense system.

That is why I have 3 and will be adding two more very soon. But I will let that be a surprise for another thread.

Cuddle Bug - I can just hear your male saying "what I do?"

I've been sprayed so many times, mostly by my mom's chin. And she has such accurate aim! Almost every time, she'd gotten me while I'm opening my mouth to say "now Jinxie..." but that's as far as I get, cause she sees the open mouth aka opportunity and goes for it! Disgusting. I now bribe her with cheerios and shreddies.

Two years ago my chin shot me in the mouth. I screamed and ran away to wash my mouth. Two hours later I heard a scuffle in the back room, I ran back there and there she was sitting there. I reached down and picked her up, she bit me. Sprayed me. And got away. -.- That BOOGER!

Latest posts

Back