Cat Vs Chicken...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megan

Dot lives forever!
On the farm we have two barn cats for rat/mice control; Gizmo and Xena both strays (out of many) that showed up on the farm.

You'd think the chickens would be afraid of the cat...

In the morning you'll find at least one (or more) chickens and the two cats waiting on the porch for breakfast... The chickens have learned where the cats eat and have decided cat food is so much better then chicken food.

It ends up with the chickens getting their own treat of stale bread thrown to them so the cats can eat breakfast in peace!

Pictured is Xena..They've had her for 14 years now, and "Miss Red" one of our 6 red chickens.

Attachments

• chickencat.jpg
    chickencat.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 119
Seriously, if you were the size of a cat, and that giant bird came up pecking its head and making clucking noises, you'd leave too. No food is worth that!

Missed you this weekend chickie.

I've been told that chickens can be quite nasty and cats don't want to mess with them, lol. I wouldn't want a chicken coming after me! I'd probably give up my food, too! lol

Chickens can be little devils when they want to be that is for sure! Our chickens surely are spoiled though! The cutest is when they get a "treat" and do their special clucking noise... everyone comes running to see what the other found.

Back