Cat climbing trees for chins

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chins don't really dig them, I had one and they do not like jumping up on the ledges "out in the open exposed to the nasty things that can eat them", so only one ledge was ever used, I then modified it with tubes and more enclosed houses-then they started to pluck off the carpet fibers, peed on it and it was gone, waste of over a 100.00. I have chin towers now made of all wood and they love that.

Chin tower

Last edited:
:) Thanks tons guys!!!! That's why I love this forum. I would have thrown $100.00 out the window when I could be spending it on something beneficial. And Dawn....HOLY MOLY!!!!! Now THAT'S a chinnies dream...that's awesome!

My chins actual did like the small (3 feet at the highest) cat tree I had, it had fabric not carpet, though I bought it for my cats not my chins. I left it in the room when I let the chins out and they did hop around on it, however I did have to keep a close eye on them to make sure they didn't try to eat the fabric, and luckily they never peed on it. I'm not saying it's worth buying for a chin though, just wanted to put it out there that some chins do like them, if you already had one around anyway or get one for free. The specially built chin playtime stuff or making a wood one would be a much better investment.

I agree with the above, and second Twilight Chinchillas. Her work is amazing and she will do custom designs if you ask her for something specific.

Just visited the Twilight site. Those toys are awesome. I wonder if I can talk my husband into making some... but neither of us can paint.

I've always wanted to get a few days to plan and construct a monster play center, but I never have done it. I want to put it up on wheels and use lots of 2"x4"s with hideouts and places to jump to all over. The way I imagine it, it is like a cat tree but more of a chin burrow/simulated rocky ledge made of wood. It would be super fun but there would be no places for the chinnies to fall from too high up and there would be places where chins can "hide" but I could get to them easily without a chase.

Right now I use really small play tables and toys...the chins like that.

Latest posts

Back