Carriers

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yuudoku.Niji

Can someone give me some good options for a carrier that I can use for a chinchilla thats big enough so that I can hang a hammock in but not too big. I'd also like to be able to attach a water bottle if I can. Thanks!

Try Quality Cage; even if it doesn't say its a carrier, I'm sure you could convert one of their smaller cages into one to accommodate your hammock.

Why do you want a carrier that large? The smaller the carrier is the safer it is for your chinchilla. They are happy on small carriers for hours at at time for car rides. I suggest a cat carrier or smaller. There is no need for a hammock.

Why do you want a carrier that large? The smaller the carrier is the safer it is for your chinchilla. They are happy on small carriers for hours at at time for car rides. I suggest a cat carrier or smaller. There is no need for a hammock.

I never said anything about it being large.. And alright. I was thinking about a hammock for the chin to be comfortable...

Just give your chin some fleece to cuddle in and some hay cubes and it will be good to go. Chances are if there is much movement your chin won't use the hammock anyway and instead will want to feel secure and curl up towards the back of the kennel for some quiet 'safe' feeling time

The idea of a small carrier is that if something should happen and a vehicle has to come to a sudden stop, gets quickly tipped, or dropped, it is less likely to be injured. Instead of flying 12-18" before hitting the carrier wall, it would only go say 1-2"'s reducing the chance of injury, plus it makes them feel secure being in a smaller area.

Safety always comes before comfort.

The idea of a small carrier is that if something should happen and a vehicle has to come to a sudden stop, gets quickly tipped, or dropped, it is less likely to be injured. Instead of flying 12-18" before hitting the carrier wall, it would only go say 1-2"'s reducing the chance of injury, plus it makes them feel secure being in a smaller area.

Safety always comes before comfort.

Alright, thanks for letting me know. Do you have any idea of a good carrier that would be smaller I could get?

A majority use Ryerson carriers. You can contact Jan & Rich Ryerson for them. Ummm...somebody who's dealt with them a bit more recently than me may offer the best way to reach them? They do have a website and email, OH! That's right, on their website it has phone numbers too!

Here's the link: http://www.ryersonchinchilla.com/arc_005.htm

Are you sure they sell carriers? I checked under their metal supplies and I only seen breeding cages.

Ryerson is where I just ordered mine from. They are really nice quality and were shipped out speedy quick too. I had considered making my own, and now I'm so glad I didn't.

Ryerson's or Chinchillas.com has them. I like the one's from Chinchillas.com - they are a bit roomier and they are more open so the chin has more ventilation. Ryerson's are nice as well, but I have a problem with their latches staying closed. I like that I can stack them as well and still have ventilation all the way around.

Back