Carob?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PaperMoon

my mom came back one day and told me that she found a new treat that I can feed my babies.....They're called "Carob Cubes"...They're not really cubes, more like dried, flake-chunks of brown stuff....the picture on the bag looks like a long bean.....

Does anyone know about this "treat"? should i be giving this to them? is it healthy? should i give it to them as a once-in-a-blue-moon kind of thing?

:wacko:

I would not feed that to my chinnies. I like to stay with the 'known' good treats for the girls here. If I'm not sure, they don't get it. There are so many good treats for them I wouldn't experiment.

Carob is an organic chocolate substitute/sugar substitute. I would not feed that to your chin...way to much sugar. Just stick to rosehips, oats, apple wood, etc. :D

Yeah, I would not feed carob to a chinchilla. It's like chocolate but is used in dog treats since it does not have the harmful properties that chocolate does.

I'm sure they do something to the carob to make it into carob chips which are put in dog treats, but still I would not give a carob pod to my chinchilla.

Yeah, I would not feed carob to a chinchilla. It's like chocolate but is used in dog treats since it does not have the harmful properties that chocolate does.

I'm sure they do something to the carob to make it into carob chips which are put in dog treats, but still I would not give a carob pod to my chinchilla.

It's also sold to humans as well to use as a chocolate substitute to eat or to bake with...just fyi.

It's also sold to humans as well to use as a chocolate substitute to eat or to bake with...just fyi.

Yes, I realize that, I know it's safe for humans as I've eaten it when making dog cookies. I don't care for the taste of it.

But either way, it's not something I would give a chinchilla even in the pod form.

Yes, I realize that, I know it's safe for humans as I've eaten it when making dog cookies. I don't care for the taste of it.

But either way, it's not something I would give a chinchilla even in the pod form.

Oh I agree...not something to give a chin, period. I personally like the taste but it's definitely unique. I wasn't trying to be rude Alli, sorry if you took it that way.

Latest posts

Back