Can I use a fleece liners to cover up the wheel?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evelyn

I'm buying the new wheel for gizmo, its perfect for him and he will definitely love it. Only problem though, his mama doesn't like the color! And since he loves his fleece house so much, i think it will get more cozy. Is it a good idea though?

I'm sure he would love it. But how would you get it to stay on? I think it would slide around while he is using it.

I was thinking of wrapping it around then sew them together. I don't know, I'm still trying to find the way lol

What wheel are you getting? None of the chin approved wheels would you be able to wrap it around.

If it's just for aesthetics, you can try wrapping the fleece on the outside of the wheel only.

I don't think it's a must to make the wheel fit in with the cage though. Wheels are just for them to have fun on, so as long as they are safe and functional they're good. ;)

I don't think he would be able to have a very good grip or foot traction with fleece on the running surface.
thats what I was thinking. I don't know if its able to. I was just thinking of cutting piece by piece and sew them to get it to stay on. But I just realize doing that I couldn't get it out and wash so. Additional to his mama doesn't know how to sew, this idea is totally impossible

Have you been in direct contact with Carise already? Some people have been having trouble getting ahold of her, so you may want to consider that before placing an order. Just a word of warning.

Otherwise, you could possibly do some sort of elastic-type cover. If you can picture the salad-bowl type covers, that's what I'm thinking of.

Yes, I got a hold of her and just place the order. She usually answer pretty fast though. There were only time she pause our conversation for a week and that was the longest I waited on answer. Thanks anyway :) I appreciate it.

By the way, What kind of elastic cover you are talking about?

Latest posts

Back