can a new adoptee have lifeline right away?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

momenteller

So I found a FN on Craigslist in my neighborhood, no less. The lady that posted it had a male and female together and she was looking to rehome them together. Long story short, I adopted the female. She is a tiny little beige girl, only 503 grams and I can feel her bones easily. Her poos are microscopic. She is on a plain pellet feed milled by our local feed store; I've posted about the food in the past and was told it is not the best but not terrible so I am going to do a gradual switch to Oxbow. I'm wondering if I can start giving her Lifeline right away, or if I should wait? Any other advice on how to bulk up her poo? Or could it be stress from the move and I should just let her be?

I'll post pics later but want her to settle in a bit first. Thanks for any help you can give me!

Go ahead and give her Lifeline right away. It will help with the transition to the new food as well. I always give Lifeline to new rescues I take in because most often, I have to do a cold turkey switch. It calms the GI tract and helps settle any stress or diet-related poo issues.

I agree with getting her started right away!

Shel when I saw your post, lifeline, hay and time all I could think of was Simon & Garfunkel--Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme LOL!

Thanks Ladies! I'll give her some this evening.

Shel when I saw your post, lifeline, hay and time all I could think of was Simon & Garfunkel--Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme LOL!

LOL! This could be a hit! Could we submit our version of the Simon & Garfunkel classic to a CnH album? Sorta like the calender idea? :thumbsup:

Back