Calling all bunny people:

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essentia

Jax Chinchilla Rescue
This is Bambi. She was a "Bandit" but then I found her to be female. :p She's a 3yr old bunny who was surrendered to the rescue a bit ago. Looking through colors online I am thinking she is a chocolate pointed white? Also can anyone tell by looking at her what breed she would be? She has beautiful markings and pink jellybean eyes, and if I didn't already have a zoo I would keep her (she's suuuuuuuuuuper sweet).

IMG_1858.jpg

IMG_1855.jpg

Her little brown tail. :-*
IMG_1850.jpg

She looks like a chocolate himalayan to me, Crysta. She's not a chocolate point. Momiji is one. Only the tips of their fur are brown colored. I've attached 2 pictures to show you.

Her markings are those of a himmie. She's quite adorable!!

Attachments

• IMG_0035.jpg
    IMG_0035.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 122
  • lite ripple.jpg
    lite ripple.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 123
Yes! I didn't realize Himalayans came in different colors. Looking up the coloring, and the pink eyes, that's exactly what she looks like.

Hahahaha. You're asking questions about her now? :D :D :D

She's an average size bunny. She isn't huge by any means, but isn't a mini either. While this isn't a picture of her, she is about the same size.

Sierra%20with%20Princess%20Kiss%20and%20her%20award%20from%20Himi%20Nationals%2042509.JPG

I just tried to weigh her and apparently that's the one thing she doesn't like. She started getting all grunty so I let her be. :p Just as a side note, she's also about 98% litter box trained. Sometimes she pees right next to the litterbox, but the rest of the time all poo and pee is inside the box. Such a good bun bun.

Himmies get to be between 4 and 5 pounds. I'd be willing to help with a railroad if I knew when I'd be moving to Portland for sure.

The markings on the bunny is called Himalayan and the color is choc. Himalayans come in black, blue, chocolate, and lilac. Californian rabbits have these markings also but they are only black. There are other breeds of rabbits with this marking pattern. Mini Rex, Netherland Dwarf, and Satins (but they call it Californian as the color is dark sepia to black. I would say by looking at her size the rabbit it is between a Neth. Dwarf and Himalayan size. Also, guessing she is not a Mini Rex as Mini Rex Himalayans come only in blue and black and the fur would be plush. My guess on the breed is a Netherland Dwarf cross based on how big the rabbit is and ear size and the fact that this breed has Himalayan colors in black, blue, choc, and lilac. She could be a Himalayan cross as well. Netherland Dwarf are really small with tiny ears. I have included a few links to pictures.

This is a site showing a Himalayan Neth. Dwarf
http://www.scottishnetherlanddwarf.co.uk/Other Colours.htm
and another site showing the Himalayan
http://www.himalayanrabbit.com/
another good site is the Am. Rabbit Breeders ***. Site
http://www.arba.net/Breeds.htm

Seeing the updated picture of what her size is I would say she is all Himalayan or a Cross. The size of the rabbit in the picture would be more like a Himalayans size and not a Netherland Dwarfs size.

Get her to Spoof in Louisiana and she can take her to Ronda's during the OR show next month where Christene will be. Done and done :)

She's almost certainly a Netherland dwarf. In Netherland dwarfs, her color is called Himalayan (chocolate Himi to be exact, as others have pointed out). "Pointed white" is a term used for the Himalayan/Californian coloring in some other breeds, such as Jersey woolies.

The reason I think she's a Nethie and not a Himalayan (the breed, not the color pattern) is because of her rounded head and short little ears. Himalayans (again, the breed) have much less rounded features and are naturally more slender and long. Size-wise, they're only slightly larger than dwarfs (average size for Himalayans is 2.5-4 lbs).

She's a pretty bunny! Don't often see Himi Netherlands that have such a large nose marking.

She looks like a chocolate himalayan to me, Crysta. She's not a chocolate point. Momiji is one. Only the tips of their fur are brown colored. I've attached 2 pictures to show you.

Her markings are those of a himmie. She's quite adorable!!

Chocolate point is not the same thing as chocolate pointed white. "Chocolate pointed white" is the same thing as "chocolate Himalayan". The term that people use mostly depends on the breed.

I guess since she came from a rescue that she's spayed.I had pet buns all my life growing up but always males,that is until I rescued Hunny Bunny from the flea market.Someone was getting ready to buy her for their toddler who was already squeezing her to death.Needless to say I stepped in opened my big mouth and told the seller I wanted her and gave him his asking price.That was the meanest rabbit I ever had but OOHH she was like rubbing velvet to pet.She barked and lunged at anyone when her cage was opened.She would bite the metal feed scoop and tear it out of your hands when you tried to feed her.My Dad used to always say that she would make a really nice pair of ear muffs(joking of course).I guess if I was constantly PMS I would be mean too!! The spaying stops that and makes for a much happier bun and owner!!:hilarious:

Just to make sure I am thinking correctly, when is nationals exactly? I am actually helping with a railroad in April over towards Tara, so I was just trying to figure out if it may miraculously fall during the same time frame.

She's almost certainly a Netherland dwarf. In Netherland dwarfs, her color is called Himalayan (chocolate Himi to be exact, as others have pointed out). "Pointed white" is a term used for the Himalayan/Californian coloring in some other breeds, such as Jersey woolies.

The reason I think she's a Nethie and not a Himalayan (the breed, not the color pattern) is because of her rounded head and short little ears. Himalayans (again, the breed) have much less rounded features and are naturally more slender and long. Size-wise, they're only slightly larger than dwarfs (average size for Himalayans is 2.5-4 lbs).

She's a pretty bunny! Don't often see Himi Netherlands that have such a large nose marking.

I agree with this. If not 100% Nethie, most likely Nethie Cross. Either way she's a cutie!

ahhh how cute! My youngest had a dwarf when she was younger. He was black, and she called him Jelly Bean. I know much better now, but she had a tricycle with a bucket in the back, and she's put Jelly Belly in there and go up and down the block. He'd just stay in there. We also let him run around the front yard, and had it landscaped to where we had island beds. The rabbit would stay in the island beds and would not touch grass.
I shutter now thinking of those things and how easily we could have lost him. He was so smart, and she still talks about him today.

Back