Cages

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccchins

I really need to build some runs. Does anyone have blue prints or anything that will help me? Everyone keeps telling me to buy some cheap but since I am in FL the shipping is outrageous. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could design some for you, or make up a drawing of runs I have used in the past.

They aren't too difficult to make, but there are a few different ways of making them. How many holes? How do you want the run to be set up? What cage height do you want? Are these going to primarily be breeding runs? Etc, etc.

You will need to buy the wire in the right widths and figure out if you would like to use wire dividers between holes or perforated metal. The shipping with the wire and pans and supplies is still going to be pretty pricey, but it shouldn't be anything like shipping whole, assembled cages.

I was trying to gauge what works best for everyone. I am thinking 3 hole runs. Height doesn't matter. I will have pans made out of aluminum.

So you could make three hole runs that have cages that are maybe 18"(front dimension)x24"(front to back)x18"high. You could get 24" and 18" wide 1"x1/2" wire rolls to make the runs.

You'll need door latches and maybe some type of dividers if you don't want to use your wire. Jump holes may be necessary, too, if you are wanting these to be used as true breeding runs.

I have jump holes with the shut off plate from Ryerson. Also have feeders too. I do want true breeding runs. I want to make 6 so I will have a total of 24 chins. Don't want to get too big too early.

Chins will chew holes through pans made out of aluminum, it is to soft a metal for use with chins. I have also seen them chew aluminum feeders down to nothing before.

Wow I can't believe I put aluminum. Let me rephrase. I am going to have pans made out of Stainless. Lol Whoops.

Latest posts

Back