cage recomendations

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattmb223

Churro now has a martins cage that is 30x18x24 with the two balconies over the one there is a a tube with a sleep n ledge on each side but i feel that this is to small for him and he needs more room to run and play when im not here to let him run around my room. he is extremely active he plays out of the cage for close to an hour if not mroe every day and every time i go near the door of the cage he runs up and trys to sprint out once i open it. what cage would you recomend me getting that is bigger then what he has so i feel that he enjoys the cage. i know getting to big for only one chin isnt good becuase they get bored so an suggestions... pictures would be great too!!! thank you for any help

i looked through this but everyone has multiple chins in those cages i only have one and i was told its not good to hava big cage for one chin becuase they get lonely

i looked through this but everyone has multiple chins in those cages i only have one and i was told its not good to hava big cage for one chin becuase they get lonely

I've never heard of that but I believe the more room for them to leap/jump from ledge to ledge is good for them. You don't have to get the FN 142, you could get the FN 141 instead, it has one level.

I have a Quality Cage townhome and I LOVE it. I have two chins in it and they have plenty of room, so one chin would definitely have lots of space in that cage. If you think a townhome is too large, QC makes a smaller model called a "condo", which would work nicely for a single chin. QC cages are almost disgustingly easy to put together and they come with pine shelves. I have a chinspin in mine and it actually doesn't really make much noise at all when my girls are running on it. Another potentially nice thing about the QC cages is that they are collapsible, which definitely makes them easier to move. I highly recommend a Quality Cage.

It depends mostly on what you want the cage to be like. Some people need cages that are easier to maintain, smaller cages sometimes are necessary depending on the living arrangements in a person's life. The 30x18x24 cage is definitely large enough for a chin, but if you want to go for something larger go ahead and get it - I like that size of cage....and I love the plastic pans on the bottom, they're easy to keep clean. :)

I honestly don't believe that you can give a caged animal too much space... I think they should be given as much space as you can offer. I agree with the FNs or Quality cage. Or look into building one yourself that will be exactly what you had in mind as far as space goes.

The plastic pan makes like soo easy, but i just want something bigger for him becuase he is always itching to get out of the cage and he gets atleast an hour of playtime a day and he never seems to enjoy his cage

I highly recommend the quality cages. I now have a single chin in a QC townhouse and I wouldn't even think of going any smaller. She has a wheel, and lots of ledges to keep her occupied. The bigger the cage the better--- you can put in more toys, hammocks, etc. The quality cage has a pull out pan which makes cleaning very easy.

Latest posts

Back