Cage Pillow?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellembas

So I have one of those pillows that fit around your neck, usually for car or plane journeys to keep your head upright, but I'm not sure what material it's made of. I left it on my desk once and my chin curled up between it and the wall and did some snoozing. Since then, almost every playtime she spends about 10 minutes snuggled up either next to the pillow or in its gap and has a well deserved rest after her run around.
I was wondering if putting it in her cage would be a good idea, if I supervised closely for a couple of days to ensure no chewing is going on. She currently chooses to sleep on her highest leaping ledge most of the time, instead of on any of the shelves or in her nesting box.
As she seems really happy sleeping with the pillow outside of the cage I thought it might be nice for her to have something to cuddle up to during the day too? Especially as she is a solo chin, or would it be safer to wait and get a couple of nice fleecy hammocks to see if she prefers those?
My main concern would be her getting into the beans that fill the pillow, but she's made no attempts to chew it at all in the couple of weeks she's been using it.
Any thoughts?

It is not safe to put something in her cage that is not fleece with fleece stuffing. Just because she doesn't chew it now doesn't mean she won't chew it later and if she ingests it you can have serious vet bills and even a dead chin on your hands.

If your chin loves snuggling, why not make her a fleece pillow to put in her cage or order one online?

Mine all have fleece mattresses in their hidey houses, they love them, get a few safe ones and you will have a happy chin.

I've ordered a fleece corner hammock, tunnel and blanket for her nest house. I would much rather be safe than sorry, just wanted something for her to cuddle in to. :)

Back